Ask us a question or schedule a consultation.
Massachusetts Penalties for Operating Under the Influence
Every legal case is different and you should meet with our attorney to discuss the specifics of your case. This information is provided for your convenience and could apply to your situation. Here is a list of some of the current penalties for operating under the influence of alcohol after a Massachusetts trial. These could also apply if you agree to a plea bargain before a trial.
- Fined $500 to $5,000
- Jail time: No minimum, but could be up to 2.5 years
- Driver’s license suspended for one year
- Fined $600 to $10,000
- Jail time: 30 days to 2.5 years
- Driver’s license suspended for two years
Third Offense (Felony)
- Fined $1,000 to $15,000
- Jail time: 150 days to five years
- Driver’s license suspended for eight years
Mon-Fri: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Weekends by Appointment Only